Tinola (Isda): Part'ebelle Seafood Restaurant

My Pochero Adventure: Pocherohan sa Banawa



One thing I look for in a Pochero aside from the tenderness of the meat is the broth. 

One spoonful of the broth should have the thick, rich beefy flavor without the fat floating in the liquid.



Like a determined Spanish conquistador, I have found El Dorado in Banawa.




Instead of a golden, shimmering city, what I found was a magical bowl full of beefy goodness.


With that, I can say that El Dorado is not in Columbia or South America. It is in Banawa.




This humble hole in the wall is located just beside the highway in 2856 corner Rosalina Village Banawa, R. Duterte St, Cebu City.

For 10 years they have perfected the soup that can turn the most dark evil person
into a saint of heavenly brightest spectacle. 

I will give a 9.5 stars to the Pochero. Fall-off-the-bone tenderness of the meat is superb.



Drinking the broth gives you a therapeautic feel. Unlike other Pocheros I have tasted wherein the
soup is covered in fat seconds after serving, this maintains the same texture after 3 servings.




Aside from Pochero, they also serve Lechon Kawali which is one of the tastiest I have eaten
in Cebu. I will be giving it a 9 stars out of ten. The crispiness and the flavor is perfect. Not too salty which is a good combination with soy sauce and other spices.






I do love the ambiance of this humble place though I have only been here at night. The place is quiet regardless of jeepneys and vehicles passing by.








As evidenced by this picture, one can say that eating here was more than satisfying.




This is one of the most amazing Pochero experience that I ever had.






Please do drop by this place and tell me your experience in the comment section below!!!

Comments